Effective: August 1, 2022
Information We Collect And Receive
MyCommunity.Today may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to MyCommunity.Today mobile application or “Merchant Portal”, by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to MyCommunity.Today when using the Services. User Identity Provider Accounts on the device (Like Google, Facebook, etc) are also used for alternate authentication.
Other Information. MyCommunity.Today also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Account information. To create or update an account, you or your Customer (e.g. your employer) supply MyCommunity.Today with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase MyCommunity.Today paid Services or 3 rd party merchant Products of Services, provide MyCommunity.Today (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Services metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users utilizes the platform. For example, MyCommunity.Today logs the video channels, people, features, content and links you view or interact with, the types of files shared and what Third-Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. MyCommunity.Today collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your device and other third-parties that helps us determine your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate or precise location. MyCommunity.Today may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device. This information is used to deliver content specific to the user’s location. The location tracking happens only as long as the user is actively engaged in the mobile application.
- Phone Contacts. We use the phone contacts to help the user reach out to other users from their phone contacts for Content Sharing, In-App Chats, and other similar activities. We do not dump this information on our servers.
- Audio and Video Recording. User consent is requested to use the device’s camera and microphone. This consent allows the user to record live content and share it on the platform. The app does not record audio or video in the background.
- Device Storage. User consent is requested to access media on the user’s device. This consent allows the user to upload existing content and share it on the platform.
- Third-Party services. A Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third-Party Services. Typically, Third-Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and a Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations with the platform. MyCommunity.Today may also develop and offer MyCommunity.Today applications that connect the Services with a Third-Party Service. Once enabled, the provider of a Third-Party Service may share certain information with MyCommunity.Today. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Workspace, we may receive the user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to MyCommunity.Today to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third-Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to MyCommunity.Today. When a Third-Party Service is enabled, MyCommunity.Today is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to MyCommunity.Today in accordance with our agreement with the Third-Party Provider and any permission(s) granted by Customer (including, by its Authorized User(s)). We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third-Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Contact information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device or other third-party API, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device or API) is collected when using the Services.
- Third-Party data. MyCommunity.Today may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional information provided to MyCommunity.Today. We also receive Other Information when submitted to our mobile app or Websites or in other ways, such as if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enroll in a certification program or other educational program hosted by MyCommunity.Today or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with MyCommunity.Today.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as a valid email address or credit card information, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by MyCommunity.Today in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. MyCommunity.Today is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to the application or the “Merchant Portal”, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
MyCommunity.Today uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, MyCommunity.Today uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business.This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions.If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. MyCommunity.Today tries to make the Services as useful as possible for Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services or Third-Party Service suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience, or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about MyCommunity.Today. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from MyCommunity.Today please get in touch through the contact mechanisms described below.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. MyCommunity.Today may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share and Disclose Information
This section describes how MyCommunity.Today may share and disclose Information, as described in the section entitled ’Information We Collect and Receive’ above. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information. MyCommunity.Today does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- The Customer’s Instructions.MyCommunity.Today may share and disclose Information in accordance with a Customer’s instructions and with appropriate consent, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and the Customer’s use of Services functionality and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services.When an Authorized User submits Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their “Friends” or “Groups” profile.
- Customer Access.Owners, administrators, Authorized Users, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Workspace activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third-Party Service Providers and Partners.We may engage third-party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or we may share business information to develop strategic partnerships with Third-Party Service providers to support our common customers.
- Third-Party Services.Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third- Party Services. We require each Third-Party Service to disclose all permissions for information access in the Services, but we do not guarantee that they do so. When enabled, MyCommunity.Today may share Information with Third-Party Services. Third- Party Services are not owned or controlled by MyCommunity.Today and third parties that have been granted access to Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection, use, and sharing. Please check the permissions, privacy settings, and notices for these Third-Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates.MyCommunity.Today may share Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to MyCommunity.Today’s Business.If MyCommunity.Today engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of MyCommunity.Today’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data.We may disclose or use aggregated or deidentified Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or deidentified Information with prospects or partners for business or research
- To Comply with Laws.If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety.To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of MyCommunity.Today, its users, or third parties, including enforcing its contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing illegal activity, fraud, or security issues, including to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- With Consent.MyCommunity.Today may share Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
MyCommunity.Today takes security of data very seriously. MyCommunity.Today works hard to protect Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, MyCommunity.Today cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, MyCommunity.Today does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
Individuals across the globe, including the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Brazil, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact the Customer who controls your access for assistance.
To the extent that MyCommunity.Today’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation or other applicable laws covering the processing of Personal Data such as the UK Data Protection Act and the Brazilian General Data Protection Act (Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados), MyCommunity.Today relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. MyCommunity.Today may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to MyCommunity.Today’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.” For more details about the personal information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see the Information We Collect and Receive section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Information section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the How We Share and Disclose Information section above.
MyCommunity.Today does not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) the personal information we collect (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out). Please note that we do use third-party cookies for our advertising purposes. Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict MyCommunity.Today’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
8736 Production Ave. Suite B
San Diego, CA 92121